Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What I've been up to

Well, I think I am slowly getting the hang of this blogging business, although I am sure there will still be glitches along the way. I want to thank my scrapping pal "Kataroo" aka Katie for all the help with the finishing touches on my blog. Katie is sooo creative and sooo much fun. Please visit her blog to see her fabulous creations. I still have to get the picture posting and resizing fine tuned, but I am sure that will come with time. I had a busy but fun weekend, went to a wedding on Saturday and spent all day Sunday at a fantastic workshop creating a "Tim Holtz" inspired canvas. It was a great time, 3 of my scrapping pals took the course as well. I just love using Tim Holtz products and I learned so many new techniques. I was so tired on Monday, I just vegged out, but it sure was worth it. I am posting a pic of a layout class I took with the extremely talented and absolutely sweetest person "Stephanie the Scrapbook Diva." Love you Steph.


The left hand page of the layout is my stepdaughter Krista taken at her wedding in June and my beautfiful grandchildren.

I really like to embellish pages, it is my favourite part of any scrapbooking. I love to use crystal lacquer it just make parts of the page "pop".



This is the right hand side of the layout, on the left side is my son Jeff with his beautiful wife Julie and on the right is my son Jason with his beautiful wife Kate.

Here are a few pics of the Canvas class I did on Sunday. We started with a white blank canvas and built from there, a long process (all day from beginning to end) but well worth it. I learned so much. I love the handle on the top of the canvas, the depth of the canvas is 3 inches so it really stands out, the pic does not do the canvas justice, you really have to see it in person. It is going on the wall of my hubby's office.

Well, that is it for today, I have a lot of errands to run today and I have a class with "Diva Steph" tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new BLOG!!!!

    Can't wait to see you tonight! Hope your knee is better!
    Hugs
    Stéphanie
    and I love you lots also! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts Lorrie! And your blog is absolutely gorgeous! Now I will always know what kind of 'trouble' you are up to! Hugs, Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. TIM TIM TIMMY>..eeee I love that canvas.....oh that must have been oh so fun :)

    Love the LO too :)

    Have fun with Steph tonight :)

    ReplyDelete